Monday, July 25, 2005

What an eventful day....

Got back from a weekend trip to Surabaya for a friend's wedding. Was a good get away trip with lot's of eating, drinking and laughing. Didn't spend as much as planned as we were treated to some meals courtesy of the friendly hosts. Spend the nights at friend's relative place and that's the biggest house I have ever stayed so far. Even the backyard is bigger than my living room.

Was an eye opener for an Indonesian wedding. Not as traditional as I would have expected it but it sure was different. Even the 'traditional yum seng' was missing from this wedding. It was exciting meeting so many diving friends in one night and get a taste of their 'lethal' drinking habits, of course this comes with a price. A few got pissed drunk and we had a really good laugh looking at the stupid things that they did after that. I got pretty high on alcohol too but lucky thing was that I exercise self control ;)

Was back to work today thinking it should be a peaceful day since I am at a 'good' client site. Boss treat me to lunch and passed me the bonus letter and it the most handsomely rewarded bonus I have got so far. Everything was going fine until the 'bad' site caught 'fire' and I was asked to head down for some fire fighting. :( Good thing was that by the time I got there, the fire was being put out already. My poor reporting officer got most of the shit already. I am so glad that I have a good reporting officer this time round. Not only she helps me to cover shit, she also gave me a good rating for the appraisal resulting in my good bonus. THANK YOU PAM.

Day ended without much other events. Left the site early at around 7pm and was glad I did that because when I was half way home on the express way, a project manager called to ask whether if I can stay behind to do some testing. As I was gone, she end up looking for other people to do it. Sometimes, its good to leave work early ;) not only you get to enjoy dinner with your family, you escape extra work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home