Friday, June 01, 2007

There is only so much I can do

A follow up on the 'Divorce' topic. As I post the topic on Saturday, that friend of mine has moved in with her husband to their new house. She said "Everything is fine now, I'm with him".

I don't know what to say only to wish her all the best but somehow I can't help but having reservation on how well she would be. To me, once a wife beater, always a wife beater be it a pinch or slap. Well, she made her choice, there's only so much I can do for her. I just hope I no need to go listen to her again in the middle of the night or visiting her in hospital (worse case scenario) for injuries inflicted by her husband.

Gals who are reading this might like to enlighten me on why some gals, regardless how badly she was being treated by their boyfriends or husbands, sticks with them or kept going back to them.

I also got to learn that D was treated badly by her last boyfriend. They had a fight, she said she going home and he reply was "I not sending you". This is 2am in the morning at his place. I don't think I would want her to go wait for cab by the road in the middle of the night even though Singapore is safe at night. Despite that, she still sms him the next morning asking him out for movie only to be ignored. She called him and he just rejected her flat. I don't see myself ignoring my girlfriend if she makes an effort to make up.

Maybe it's just me that I don't treat gals that I like (regardless romantically or not) this way. If you like someone, you shouldn't you make them happy? Of course, there might be occasions where there might be some conflicts but it should be sorted out quick and not strain the good relationship you shared.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger aud said...

I think it's because most girls tend to think they can get their guy to change for them. But alas! That's 99.99% impossible.

How can they learn that leopards will not change their spots?

Not now, maybe never.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home