Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I am Teochew

Today I took a day off not solely because I have an assignment due at 2359 today but it's my grandmother's death anniversary. I actually don't know how long she has been gone. If memory serves me right, should be 20 over years already.

二姑,三姑,四姑,小姑 came. While having lunch with them, the usual question pops up again. "di xi ai chai ah guo jia jiu?" (trying to make it in the tone of Teochew and I don't think I need to translate this to tell you what they asked) I tried answering back in Teochew but FAILED. The 姑姑 said I need to brush up my Teochew :P hahaha.... not surprising to me. Have been trying to speak but who to practise with because even my dad is just a passing case when comes to Teochew.

I do sometimes envy those with grandparents, not only they get to learn a language but also another person to be doted by. I remember my mum telling me that my grandmother loves me very much and when young I love half boiled eggs. Grandma will make sure that I get my daily dose :P and when she's gone, mum said I cried and say "no more eggs to eat liao"

Well... guess I have to find another way to work on my Teochew. :)

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger aud said...

i dun understand the "di xi ai chai ah guo jia jiu?" leh.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger The store keeper said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home