Monday, June 18, 2007

Being LAST fiddle

Recent events make me wonder how important some 'friends' place me on their friend's list.

Case 1: A friend came suggest birthday dinner with another friend. I contacted the birthday gal asking if she's keen to go out for dinner. She decline giving the reason of wanting to avoid the crowd on Friday night and it's worse with GSS on. However, on the next day, I got a msn message saying she went out and had a great time with the girl who suggested dinner in the first place. Of course I wasn't informed at all about the meeting. If you have not intention to go out with me, just tell me you don't want to go out. If you change your mind about it then don't come telling me how great a time you had without me. Doing so only show how much you enjoyed WITHOUT my company.

Case 2: Someone suggest watching a certain movie, thinking it's to be watch together, I didn't proceed in making my own arrangements for that particular movie. After sometime, I suggest watching it but the replied I got wasn't kind. She got a free ticket for the movie and going for it. I have nothing against her going for the free movie but at least have the basic courtesy in informing me about it once she decides to go for the free movie so that I can make my plans to watch it with others rather then waiting and to be disappointed. Perhaps it was my fault to assumed that we are to watch the movie together.

Case 3: Someone asked me go clubbing. She said she will join me after her karaoke session. When I got to our supposed meeting place, the queue was horrendous. I informed her that I will be changing place and keep her posted. When I got to the new place, she asked tons of questions like what music, what crowd etc etc However, in the end she sms and say she's at another place with other friends. If you have NO intention to go clubbing with me, please do not put me on a wild goose chase.

I seriously wonder how others prioritized such events. Do you say YES only to friends who are more important to you or whoever approach you first? I know not all friends are of the same or equal and they do have their other commitments. I'm even okay being the least important person on your friend's list or the last choice but I rather be rejected then to be put on hold. I can take rejections graceful but I can't stand putting my time aside for YOU only to find out I was the last spare in case all other plans of yours failed.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger knip said...

hmmm... probably u asked or waited for the wrong people~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home