Monday, January 28, 2008

Mum can cook.. so can I... at least I think so

Mum's away and I made an attempt to blew up the kitchen for I decided to cook Hokkine Mee. This is my first attempt so I am not surprised that my brother complain its not tasty enough, too dry and no sambal chilly.

Went to market to get some stuffs needed. Can't find sotong (squid) so decided to replace it with fishcake instead. Fatty pork just don't look good enough and I don't know how to prepare it so I had roasted pork instead.

It look like this in the beginning:
- Noodles
- Eggs
- Garlic
- Onion
- Spring onion
- Prawns
- Roast pork
- Fishcake
- Chicken broth
- Soya sauce
- Pepper

Then after a few minutes it become like this:


Personally, I think there is still a lot to improve on but it's a good attempt I must say.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger kittyn said...

ehh.... Hokkien mee shld be fried with prawn and pork stock... not chicken stock...

basically get fatty pork... cook it in water together with the prawns. Once the prawns are red, can take out from the soup, remove the shell and put the shell (with the head) back in the soup to make the flavor stronger. hehehhee.....

I'm no expert... learned from watching my hubby cook hokkien mee... kekeke

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger kittyn said...

forgot to mention - pork takes longer time to cook. So can take it out when it's cooked and soft enough, sliced then added to the mee for frying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home