Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reasons what I like about dawn

Having transferred to another department at work recently, puts me on shift duties which requires me to start work at 7am. Meaning I am out of the house by 6.30am. Being a morning person, starting work as early as 7am is not an issue. Besides, I prefer dawn to dusk. Seeing the sky slowly brightens up, makes me feel good. On dive trips, I would wake up early (also to avoid toilet queue ), sits outside the resort room or on the sun desk of the dive boat (Live On-Board trips) to watch the sun paints the pitch black sky blue.
Some reasons why I prefer dawn.

D - Daylight. Seeing the bluish orange coloured sky when the sun starts to peep over the horizon, gives me refreshing feeling. It also marks the beginning of a new day, a new start. Even if it's not a brand new start, you get to continue from a new starting point of what you have not completed the day before.
A - Air. The air is fresher in the morning before the pollution sets in for the day. Fresh air perks me up. With lesser greens and more buildings and cars (even Formula one is coming) having a breath of fresh air in Singapore is getting harder. The morning air is my 'coffee' these days.
W - Weather. It's always cooler in the morning as there is not blazing sun to scorch your skin. Being a person that perspires quite a bit, I welcome a cooling morning breeze anytime.
N - Noise level. With lesser crowd means lesser noise. I can't stand a crowded public transport packed with tons of people talking like they are all deaf. On a morning train, not only do I get seats, I get to snooze peacefully with the occasional disturbance of some deaf trying out their mp3 players. I get to watch those half asleep passengers rocking from side to side in their seats too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home