Sunday, June 24, 2007

Friends, real or pretentious?

A friend of mine met with an accident recently, waiting to find out more about her condition in the A&E makes me sick. It's really painful not knowing anything. The news can be good, can be bad. Looking at her with her face swollen and with machines hooked to her and helping her to breathe makes my hands cold as ice. Seeing her MSN still on with "out to lunch" (she was knocked by a SBS bus during lunch time) status makes my stomach turn.
This accident kind of reminded me how fragile life is. I still got the sms from her couple of days back requesting us to keep 7th July free to celebrate her birthday, now she lie motionless in the ICU ward. She's well like by her friends, lots of them showed up when they got the news of her accident, all eager to know the latest progress of her injuries.

Friends can be here a moment and gone the next, not only in situations like these but also when disputes, quarrels, misunderstandings, even a simple miscommunication or a simple hurtful word can end a friendship. I am not good with acting, if I am not happy, its shown very obviously. I preferred it that way. I can't sweet talk you but in actual fact feels the other.
I used to think that I have found a 'soul mate' who she claims that she felt that way too. However, her actions completely do not suggest that. When I told her about it, she came up with 1001 excuses. I am not a demanding friend, if you don't have time for me, I completely understands, no need to pretend like you care (I seriously don't need that)

She recently said "we don't seems to be able to get back to what we used to be" how can that be possible? You showed how much I am valued to you, how do you expect me to give you the same treatment like before when I thought I got much higher value?

Perhaps it's time I start clearing my contact list. Who knows it might help me save quite a bit on weddings, birthdays, child births etc.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger kittyn said...

sorry to hear about your friend.... hope she has recovered??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home