Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I am FINE.......almost

As I sits my bag down on the chair, I saw a white envelope with the traffic police logo on the table staring at me. Uneasiness sweep over me. What could it be?

Taking the letter out, one look I know it's bad news as I saw something printed "...Fined $130 and be awarded 4 Demerit Points".
Date of Offence : 3rd December 2006. 4:28pm Place of Offence: PIE -> TUAS
Offence(s): Speeding (exceed speed limit of 80km/h)

3rd December is a Sunday so most likely it's me who was the driver (was hoping it was my dad :P or brother) but some how I don't remember coming home using the PIE on that very day. (my old failing memory at work again)
Upon checking my appointments in my PDA, I realized, without a doubt, it was me. Went Sitex at expo and after dropping my friend off at Tampines, I head home using PIE.

This can be my first speeding offence as I have never exceeded the speed limit, of course it's only applicable with the presence of a speed camera in the vicinity :P I am not a speed demon that craves for speed on the road, driving has always been a mean of getting from point A to point B in a much convenient way for me and my passengers. I wonder will I speed if I was given a sports car like a BMW Z4 or Ferrari. Nevertheless, I am still very much a safety comes first type of driver. Sometimes I find that it's not all bad when it comes to speeding. For instance, when the driver is really tried and alone in the vehicle, getting to the destination in the shortest possible time will allow his time spent on the road to be reduced, thus preventing the driver from meeting with any mishaps along the way like dozing off behind the wheel. Imagine driving at 50km/h on a warm day just after lunch (I did that while in camp) it such a torture staying awake not to mention keeping focus on the road.

Anyway, am glad that this time round it's just a warning from the traffic police and no summons action will be taken against me. It's a close call this time, next time I will be more alert to..... speed cameras

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home